2 YEARS old (and half a month late)
- When she sings to herself…and you can actually tell what song she’s singing because she’s got the melody down.
- When she leans forward, touches my arm, looks me in the eyes and has a very engaging conversation, including hand gestures and laughing to self….I’d love to know what she was saying.
- When she asks for a cracker and I pause and look at her and then she says “Please!”
- When it’s time to leave for Strong Start and she’ll give me a hug, then stand outside the screen door to blow kisses and wave…turning away to take two steps before looking back again, all the way until she makes it out the front gate, still blowing kisses and waving at me through the gaps between the fence. Makes me not want to work.
- The way she very appropriately says “Ai Yah!” when any of us accidently make a boo-boo or after we tickle her to pieces.
- When she reminds us who she wants to pray for before meal time by saying a list of names.
- When she talks about her friends “Raffi mui mui”, “Sai sai goh goh”, “Jun jun goh goh”…and when I remind her of other friends’ names she can’t pronounce yet she lights up and says “Yeah!”
- When she comes up to my growing belly and points while saying “daidai” (“younger brother” in Cantonese), then kisses my belly.
- The way she gives us hugs and pats her little hands on us.
- When I put her to bed and say “Love you Nessness” and she replies “wuf you Mommy”
- The way she finds certain things completely hilarious and teaches me to find joy in little things too.
- Her attempts at bargaining: “Last one, okay?”, “Poe yut jun, okay?” (“Carry me for a moment, okay?”), “Not yet!”, “Mommy do it” or “Yee yee do it”
- When she sees me and says, “Hi Mommy!” and then wraps her arms around my leg as she beams up at me.
- When she waits until I’m half way up the stairs before calling out, “Mommy sek sek (kiss)” and pointing at her cheeks. I can’t help but come back down to fulfill that request.